You're not writing a book just to write a book. You want to be a writer. The kind of writer who sells books over a career because readers can’t get enough.
The only problem is, it’s a mystery how to take your draft manuscript and turn it into a book that readers recommend to all their friends.
Whether you’re writing fiction or narrative nonfiction, the Story Grid Diagnostic is a service that tells you exactly what steps you need to take to write a great book that readers love and helps you take another step toward becoming a top of your genre writer.
How the Story Grid Diagnostic Works
The Story Grid Diagnostic is a four week long service which gives you a clear roadmap on what you can do to improve your book and become a stronger writer.
In week one, I read your entire manuscript. In week two, we have our one hour phone call consultation. In our call, we cover what’s awesome about your manuscript as well as how to make your next draft even better. We look at the big picture perspective of your genre as well as a close-up analysis of your first few scenes. After the call, you’ll get a recording of our phone conversation. In week three, I review your draft and revise your four deliverables. In week four, you’ll also receive the deliverables to help plan your next draft.
- Six-Core Question Analysis
- From a big picture perspective, is the story you most want to tell the story that’s coming through on the page? Does your overall story meet readers expectations for your genre?
- First Five Scenes Story Grid Spreadsheet
- From a close-up analysis, what kind of tweaks would help your first few scenes grab the reader’s attention and make them want to keep reading?
- Masterworks of the Genre
- What do readers expect from your genre? You’ll get three recommendations of books to read in your genre as well as a cheat sheet that points out what to look for as you read. This will help you avoid clichés and create unexpected scenes that knock the socks off your readers.
- Next Steps Recommendation Letter
- A step-by-step plan that details what you need to do so that your next draft doesn’t just become a book that readers love and recommend to their friends, it’s also the next step on your path to becoming a top of your genre writer.
The Story Grid Diagnostic is a unique and custom program to help give fiction and nonfiction authors a roadmap to writing a book that readers love and becoming a better writer.
If you’re one of the motivated authors who’s serious about improving your writing, we should chat.Investment: $997